Brixton is a vibrant neighbourhood in South London, known for its rich cultural heritage and lively atmosphere. Whether you’re a resident or just visiting for the first time, there’s always something new to discover in this exciting part of the city.
Here’s a guide to help you make the most of your trip to Brixton.
What to See and Do:
- Brixton Village: This indoor market is a must-visit for foodies, with a range of international cuisine, including Caribbean, Asian and African.
- Brixton Market: An outdoor market that offers a diverse range of products, from fresh produce to vintage clothing.
- Ritzy Cinema: A landmark in Brixton, the Ritzy Cinema is a historic movie theatre that still operates today, showing a mix of blockbuster films and independent cinema.
- Electric Avenue: This famous street was one of the first in the world to be lit by electricity and is now home to various shops, cafes and restaurants.
- The Black Cultural Archives: A museum dedicated to preserving the history and culture of African and Caribbean people in the UK, including exhibitions and events.
Food and Drink:
- Fish, Wings & Tings: A popular Caribbean restaurant serving delicious street food, including jerk chicken and plantain.
- Franco Manca: A well-known pizzeria serving sourdough pizzas and other Italian dishes.
- Negril: A Jamaican restaurant and bar serving classic Caribbean dishes and cocktails.
- Brixton Brewery: A microbrewery offering a range of craft beers, including IPAs, stouts and lagers.
- The Brixton Academy: A famous music venue that has hosted some of the biggest names in the music industry, including the Rolling Stones, Adele and Bowie.
- Jamm: A popular live music venue and club, hosting everything from jazz nights to electronic music events.
- Pop Brixton: A unique bar and events space made from shipping containers and offering a range of food, drinks and entertainment.
Getting There: Brixton is easily accessible by public transportation, with Brixton Station providing connections on the Victoria Line, which runs directly to central London. There are also numerous bus routes serving the area, as well as convenient taxi and Uber options.
Whether you’re looking to explore the vibrant street art, sample some of the best food in London, or experience the buzz of the nightlife, Brixton is a must-visit destination.
So why head down and see what this exciting neighbourhood offers today?
Guoman Hotels in London
An exclusive collection of four and five-star hotels in London, nestled in some of the city’s most stellar locations.
Each has its own character, identity and style – from exquisite elegance at the Royal Horseguards, to contemporary comfort at Great Cumberland Place.